Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Father's Day Plate


Well, Father's Day is always a tough holiday for me. I miss my dad and grandpa. This is my 8th one without my dad and my 10th without my grandpa. The fact that I can't make them a homemade gift from Harry breaks my heart. I know they would have loved a homemade gift from Harry!

Harry does, however, have a spectacular and amazing dad and an awesome grandpa. Harry and his dad are buddies, and they love playing guitar and reading together. Harry's dad is totally getting spoiled. :)

I Love homemade gifts!! So, with my help, Harry and the boy I take care of, made plates. It was a very inexpensive and simple project to do. They are a bit sloppy, but they turned out super cute!!!! :) This is a great homemade gift that dad's can cherish and enjoy!

Here's what you need:

Dishwasher and microwave safe plates

Tempera paint

Oil based paint sharpie marker

**Note: The plates came from the dollar store. Literally, they did. Told you this was inexpensive.**

What to do:

1. First, put paint on your child's hand, and help them stamp their hands onto the plate.

2. Then, turn the plate so the hands are upside down,  and write "Hands down, best dad around" on it. I also added "Happy Father's Day" on it too. 

3. Bake in the oven at 180F degrees for 35 minutes to seal the paint.

**Note: You can use the plate as a decoration, or you can eat with it. I recommend hand washing it now though.**


No comments:

Post a Comment