Monday, October 13, 2014

The Gruffalo


Harry and I joined an online book club on Facebook! Each month has a different author to explore. October's author is Julia Donaldson. To go along with the letter G this week, we picked the books, The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child. We even rented the movie, The Gruffalo and watched it. It was really good!!! :) 

We spent the morning doing several activities about the books and movie. It was a lot of fun for both of us! :)


Here's a look at what we did! :)

1.  Gruffalo Memory Match

I cut out several little picture circles from the books to play this game. I don't flip the cards upside down for Harry, but we still have fun with this. We close our eyes, or we just pick the pictures. He is very good at matching things. :) 


2. Picture and word matching

I cut out pictures of the characters and their names for Harry. We matched them together since he can't quite read yet. ;)


3. Stick Monster

Harry made a stick monster to go along with the book. It is pretty cute! :)


4. Gruffalo Muddy Mix (or Chex Mix Muddy Mix)

I saw this on another blog, so I copied the idea. I wish I could be more creative sometimes! Lol. Anyways, I made this a nice treat for us. It's Chex Mix cereal, chocolate chips, soy butter, and butter. Yum! It is amazingly good. We snacked on all day. Lol! Visit my other post for the recipe! 


5. Gruffalo Sensory Box

Using our sensory rice box, I made Harry a Gruffalo sensory box complete with pictures of the characters, rocks, leaves, sticks, and some grass. 


6. Gruffalo Hunt

Even though it was raining, we went on a Gruffalo hunt in the backyard! I cut out pictures of the characters, made a little trail with them in the backyard, and Harry had to find them! He loved this even in the rain. :)


We had such a great time with these books and movie! :) Below are the printables too!

***PRINTABLES***

No comments:

Post a Comment