Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ten Apples Up on Top



Ten Apples Up on Top by Dr. Seuss is one of Harry's favorite books. I made the book come alive by this simple project! It's great for learning how to count too!!

First, I searched Google and downloaded pictures of the characters to print.

Note: I printed them as 5x7's.





Then I colored them and laminated them. I used this type of self laminating paper. It works great!!



Next, I grew 10 apples, cut them out, and laminated them. Don't judge. They look goofy. Lol.



Now your book can come alive! Of course, Harry needed a lot help with this, but he will be able to do this on his own once he is a little older.

Here's how we played... On each page, we worked together and matched the correct number of apples each character had by placing the apples above their head. This is a great way too practice counting. It also makes the concept of counting more concrete because kids are able to do it themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment