Friday, May 23, 2014

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?



Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? is one of our favorite books. I swear we probably read it about 5 times a day!! It's insane! Harry is learning his colors from the book, and he uses sign language to tell me the different animals in the book too. This week we did several activities that went along with the book. It was a lot of fun for both of us! :)

Here's what we did:

Gummy bear color sorting:
Well, this all natural organic brand was the only brand that was allergy friendly for Harry, so we only had 4 colors to work with... That's ok because they are healthier for you anyways. ;) Anyways, we sorted the gummy bears by color and matched them to the correct color paper. 


Gummy bear math:
I made us a graph, and we graphed how many gummy bears we had in each color. With my help, Harry did a great job! He had a lot of fun with this too. 


Brown bear breakfast!
I made Harry and I bear toast with sunflower butter, bananas, and blueberries. It was delicious!


Brown bear hop scotch:
What fun!! First of all, I am not an artist, so don't judge... ;) Lol. I drew the animals in the book, and as I was reading the story, we had to hop or jump to the correct animal. Sooooo much fun!!!

Animal matching:
While looking at the book, Harry had to match the animal cards to their correct pages.





Brown bear handprint:


Matching Game:
I printed some animal cards to match the animals in the book for the this game. The goal was to find the match to each animal. We played with the cards face up, but once Harry is a but older, we can play "memory" match with it. :)



Brown bear:
Using construction paper and google eyes, we made bears!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! I have been trying to figure out how to add these buttons for quite awhile now, but I have not had any luck. Do you know how I can add the Instagram button? I thought I had set up where everyone could comment too, but it doesn't appear that way, does it?

    ReplyDelete