Thursday, May 15, 2014

Homemade Bubbles



Toddlers love bubbles. Kids love bubbles. Adults love bubbles... Sometimes it can be difficult to find the right bubbles at the store. You know, the ones that work properly and make "endless" amounts of giant bubbles! I decided to make our own bubbles. This is an old recipe I used when I taught preschool, and it works great! My son had so much fun making them with me.

Here's what you need:
2 cups of water
1 cup dish soap (Palmolive or Dawn)
1/2 cup of corn syrup (light or dark)

What to do:

1. In a medium sized bowl, slowly stir the water and dish soap together.


2. Once mixed, slowly add the corn syrup and mix again.


3. Pour the mixture into a bottle and lightly shake.
Note: We used an old Coke bottle, and I labeled our bottle. ;)


4. Enjoy! :)
Note: The pictures are a bit blurry, but it is hard to take pictures of bubbles! Trust me!!



2 comments:

  1. These are awesome!!! I can't wait to try these out with Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! :) It was a lot of fun. If Lily loves bubbles, she will love this! This was a recipe I used from when I taught preschool. I'm glad I still remembered it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete