Sunday, May 4, 2014

May Fourth- Star Wars Day!



I was obsessed with Star Wars as a kid!! Ok, maybe I am today but not as much. I can still quote all 6 movies practically verbatim, but the original 3 will always be my favorites! They are even my favorite movies too! :)

Today is May 4th or May the fourth be with you! ;) Harry wore his Star Wars shirt, hung out with his Star Wars stuffed animals, and we did a few activities. He will soon be able to appreciate the movies too. :)


Here's what we did:

**Note: I typed Google searched for this stuff. I typed in Star Wars printables for preschoolers, and this is how I found the activities. I changed them up a bit and did it my way too. Here is the original link: http://homeschoolcreations.com/StarWarspreschoolpack.html

Picture matching:

I cut out Star Wars pictures, laid them down face up, and we took turns matching the pictures. We made it a little easier than memory match. ;) This is an excellent activity for cognitive skills, memory, and problem solving.



Read-a-long and word matching:

We read a short story about Star Wars together. I cut out the words, and we had to find the same ones in the story. Harry did require help from me. This is an excellent early literacy activity. This can help teach kids new words, what words look like, etc...



Coloring:

We colored Star Wars pictures.


Lightsaber tracing:

This activity is excellent practice for beginner writers, and it is great fine motor practice too. You must trace the dotted lines or lightsaber lines as we called them. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment