Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day Crafts



Well, I made 11 Mother's Day presents (self included) between 2 boys!!! I am a nanny for a little boy, so I made them with him along with my son too. Both of these boys have grandmas and great grandmas. Wow!!



I will say I am pleased with the presents but also a little disappointed with them because of the excess fingerprints on them. They are a little sloppy too, but I promise it was not easy with two toddlers! Lol.

I made Mother's Day flower pots for myself, my son's grandmas, and Michael's mom. Don't judge, I wanted a flower pot too. lol. Then I made handprint flowers for Michael's grandmas. The handprint flowers were super easy compared to the flower pots. Lol.

Here's the handprint flower craft:


Here's how we made the flower pot:

We used 9 inch clay pots because my son has giant feet! Lol. Seriously.. His feet are huge!! I also used Crayola finger paint and used the red, blue, and purple paint.


1. First, I took the Harry's handprints and put them upside down on one side of the pot. He added his own touch to the pots with his fingerprints. :( Oops... Then, once they dried I put a heart around the handprints. Yes, I know my heart looks a bit sloppy, but you get the idea.. Right?! :/


2. Then using red, blue, and purple paint, I added Harry's footprints on the other side and made a butterfly. :) Some extra toe prints were added. Oops... I'm telling you.. It was very hard doing this with a toddler who has very ticklish feet and couldn't stop laughing!


3. Then I added two different sayings on the pots. :) I love this!!!



4. Once everything is officially dry, spray the pots with clear lacquer to seal the paint and waterproof it. Give the pots at least 5 hours to make sure that they are fully dry.


5. Once the lacquer is dry, you can fill the pot with dirt and flowers. :)



Handprint picture and poem

...and finally the boys and I made these too! I loved it so much I even made one for myself. Again, don't judge!! Lol. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment