Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Brown Sugar Banana Cake


Every year, I make Scott a birthday cake a day before his birthday. Two years ago, it was a dark chocolate cake with raspberries. Last year, it was a Fun-fetti cake. This year I made him a brown sugar banana cake in the shape of a car with coconut butter cream frosting.. I am proud to say that this cake was the best!!! :) Well, it tasted the best. It definitely looks terribly sloppy though. :( I wish my artistic abilities were a lot better.

It was easy to make, but it took awhile because I baked it in a car shaped cake pan. I don't recommend using one, but it was a pain in the butt. Lol.

Anyways, here's my recipe. I found one online, and then I basically changed everything around and made it my own. Lol


Ingredients:

2 cups flour

1 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup milk

1/2 cup salted butter (melted)

2 bananas

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt



What to do:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. 

2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, and melted butter. Set aside.

Note: You might want to melt the butter ahead of time. ;)

4. In another bowl, mash up the bananas. Then add to the wet ingredients, and mix well. 

5. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well. 

6. Pour into a lightly greased cake pan, and bake for about 25 minutes. 

Note: If you are crazy, and you decided to use the car shaped cake pan like me, then you should bake the cake for 50 minutes!!

7. Make frosting while the cake is baking.

(See my frosting recipe below)

8. Cool cake for about 30 minutes.  
Refrigerate frosting for about 30 minutes. 

9. Frost the cake and enjoy!!!

Note: We used Oreo cookies for the car wheels on this cake, however we typically don't eat Oreo cookies anymore due to Harry's peanut and tree nuts allergy. 



Coconut Butter Cream Frosting

Here's what you need:

1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
3-4 cups of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons of milk

What to do:

1. First, microwave the butter and coconut oil for about 30 seconds.

2. Then, add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk, and mix together.

3. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before using!

Note: For this particular cake, I dyed the frosting green by adding 6 drops of green food coloring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment