Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pool Scrabble


Here is a fun way to learn letters and words! I made pool Scrabble for Harry using sponges and permanent marker. Not going to lie, I had a lot of fun with it too. :)

You can play this game in a pool, bath tub, or sink, or anywhere there is water! :)

All you need is about 7 sponges for 2 sets of letters, but don't worry because sponges are very inexpensive. I found a 12 pack at Walgreens for about $3!! I cut the sponges into 8 pieces each too. (See below) Then with permanent marker, I wrote the letters on the sponge squares. 


How we played:
(Note: You can play anyway you'd like. These are just ways we played.)

1. I called out a letter, and Harry had to find it. Once he found it, then he had to repeat the letter sound.

2. Harry threw letters out of the pool, and we spelled words together. 

3. I called out a word, and Harry had to find the letters that made up the word. (This one required a lot of help from me because he is still young.)



No comments:

Post a Comment