Friday, March 28, 2014

Cars, cars, cars!!!

This week we focused on cars because Harry loves cars!! Harry's dad works for GM, so it's in his blood! We are quite the car family. ;)

We centered our books, activities, lessons, and projects around cars this week, and we had quite a fun time doing it.

Here are the things we did:

Sunday:
I made a sensory road for Harry using black beans, penne noodles, and foam circles. You can find my post on my blog, or here is my link about how to make it:

http://stephabethanie.blogspot.com/2014/03/sensory-road.html




Monday:
Harry enjoyed a banana made into a car for breakfast and a sandwich made into a car for dinner! You can find my recipes on my blog, or click these links:

http://stephabethanie.blogspot.com/2014/03/edible-banana-car.html

http://stephabethanie.blogspot.com/2014/03/car-shaped-sandwich.html






Tuesday:
We did 3 activities on cars today!! First we played with car puzzles in the morning..


Then, we painted with car tires.. All you need is paint, a container, paper, and a car. Put some paint in the container, dip the car tires into the paint, and drive the car across your paper!



Next, we made a truck using shapes. I drew a truck using shapes, cut out shapes to match, and Harry had to match the pieces together to make a truck. This is a great matching lesson and activity. We will be practicing this a lot too.



Wednesday:
We did 3 more activities about cars today!! First, I made a race car out of Harry's footprint.


Next, Harry made his own model car using a toilet paper roll and black construction paper. He painted the toilet paper roll first, and then I helped him glue the wheels on it.



Lastly, we had a car wash for Harry's cars!! Fun!!! All you need is a blanket or towel to put down, cars, a wash cloth, and two containers. Fill one container with soap and water, and fill the other container with just water.



Thursday:
I made rainbow rice for sensory play, and we used it to play hide and seek with the cars today! You can find my recipe for rainbow rice on my blog, or the link here:

http://stephabethanie.blogspot.com/2014/03/rainbow-rice.html




Friday:
We read the big and "fancy" books on cars this morning.



We also played with cars and had races, which is Harry's favorite!! :)


Car books:
We read a variety of books this week too.


No comments:

Post a Comment