Sunday, August 3, 2014

Gluten Free Vegan Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies



Ever since I had my son and started breastfeeding, I love sweets! I liked them before, but I could also do without them. Now, I gotta have them. ;) So, I have been looking for healthier options for desserts. I have succeeded so far! :) 

I recently just made gluten free vegan avocado chocolate chip cookies. I know. I know. It sounds weird. I promise they are delicious and healthier than your average chocolate chip cookie. They are pretty simple to make too. 


Here's what you need:

2 cups rice flour
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 avocado
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 chocolate chips


What to do:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. 

2. Mix the dry ingredients which includes rice flour, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl. 

3. Next, add the vanilla, chocolate chips, and unsweetened applesauce. Mix well. 
(It's ok if the dough is crumbly.)

4.  In a separate bowl, mash up the avocado. Then add it to the large bowl, and mix everything up again. 

5. In another separate bowl,  microwave the coconut oil for 30 seconds. Then add it to the large bowl, and mix it up until all of the dough is moist.

6. On a lightly greased cookie sheet, scoop small balls of dough onto it.

7. Bake for about 16-18 minutes or longer depending on how crispy you would like the cookies.

8. Cool and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment