Saturday, August 2, 2014

Number Scrabble



Ok, so a few weeks ago I made Pool Scrabble with letters. It was a fun game to practice the alphabet, and Harry really enjoyed it. 

This gave me the idea to make Number Scrabble for the pool since Harry loves to swim and count. Harry is really good at counting already!! He can count to 16 by himself, and he can count to 20 with assistance!!!!! :) He is only 19 months old too! Wow! 

I used a paper towel roll, and I cut it into 20 squares. (Note: I will use foam paper next time so the pieces last longer.) I labeled the squares with the numbers 1 to 20, and I also added dots to show the value of the number.


We played a few different ways too, and we both had a lot of fun! :) You can play these games in the pool, bath tub, or sink, or anywhere else you want! 


Here's how we played:

1. Find the Number: 
I put the numbers in the pool. I would ask Harry to find a certain number, and he had to find it and take it out of the pool. 

2. Sequencing:
Harry would take the numbers out of the pool,  and we had to put them in order. 

3. Counting:
I would count to a certain number, and Harry would have to find what came next. This one required some help from me, but it was still fun. 

4. Point to the number:
Harry pointed to the numbers and had to say what which number.

5. Basketball:
I called out a number, and we had to try and throw the basketball onto the number I said. 


No comments:

Post a Comment